Sunday, February 23, 2014

For the Prayer Warriors -

Warning: Vulnerable Blog Post Ahead...

I'll get straight to the point.   The closer we get to May, the more the Enemy brings challenges to us - trying to make us believe there's no way we can do 4 kids.  Although this doesn't surprise me, it sure is getting tiring. 

One more setback with the van.

One more rough night with the girls.

One more thing on the calendar that's unavoidable.

One more hiccup with childcare.

This week, Dan was at a conference for work for 4 days, and I came down with the pink eye bug the day before he left.  The good news - we made it!  Kate was especially kind and sweet this week, the girls slept *relatively* well at night, and daddy is back now.  The bad news - I missed two days of work, I'm still miserable, and now Chloe's got it.  These are the moments I wonder - well, DOUBT -  if we will ever be healthy, well-rested, and "normal" again.  What would I have done this past week with FOUR kids?  (There it is.  That's the doubting question I KNOW the Enemy wants me to ask.  I confess the doubt I have in that moment, and lean on knowing the real answer - even with four kids, the Lord would provide and sustain me!  That's what He DOES!)

Would you pray for these little attacks to stop?  Would you pray for health, strength, and energy?  Would you pray for great attitudes?  Would you pray we overcome this season?  Thank you for claiming Jesus' promises with us this week!


Things to rejoice over today:
- Daddy and girls next to me on the couch giggling away while making animal sounds - so cute!
- The sunshine!  There's been lots of park visits this week. (How do people buried in snow do it?)
- The fixed garage door thanks to the handy hubby!  I've really, really enjoyed having the garage back.
- An improving bed time routine!  Although it still takes Chloe a while to settle down now, she's not getting out of bed anymore after I tuck her in.  (Hey, friends - I'm gonna celebrate every little step forward today!)
- A GREAT small group.  I'm really looking forward to girls night tonight!
- My voice is a bit better today - I'm out of the whisper-only zone.

(Thankful lists are fun - I could go on and on!  But for the sake of a short blog post and getting in on the giggling action happening to the right of me, I'll stop.  The end.)  :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

We just went to lunch after church with our good friends who have 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls. Ages 2, 5, 6, and 9. You can do it, it will be ok--and super awesome! :)