Sunday, February 9, 2014

Between now and May -

As May gets ever closer, I've been asked how the process is going.  Short answer - really well, we are plugging along at it!

The longer answer is a review of some things we've accomplished recently, and the things we still need to get done.  Although this blog is a bit boring with the practical side of things, I hope it will help those of you considering fostering in the future!  We also really, really appreciate those of you praying for us - especially about the really practical stuff.  :)

What we accomplished in January:
- I got my physical, TB, and bloodwork done.  (Turns out I'm healthy enough to care for children!  Yay!)
- I got my CPR/First Aid done.
- We got about 1/2 the van's problems fixed.
- We got the van smog checked
- We got more child locks on cabinets
- We got the rest of the boys' bedding
- I got my birth certificate copy

What we need to do before we can turn in our paperwork and get our house inspected:
- Get the garage door fixed (broke in December)
- Get the rest of the van's repairs done
- Get the van officially registered (This one has been especially tough - please pray!!)
- Get the van and truck inspected
- Dan's birth certificate copy
- Dan's physical, TB and bloodwork
- The rest of the cabinet child locks up
- Buy and assemble a bunk bed
- Get a fridge first aid kit
- Reorganize and "babyproof" our bedroom and bathroom
- Complete our "Family Guidelines"
- Get the pets' paperwork up to date
- Get a water heater blanket

I'm sure I'm missing some things, but you get the general idea.  :)  Dan has a few 3 day weekends this month, so pray he is able to be really productive and get some of the bigger stuff taken care of (garage door, van, etc.).  Our plan is to have all this done sometime in March, so we have a month to get the house inspection scheduled and completed by the end of April.

Would you specifically pray for the van situation?  As some of you already know, the whole purchasing and registering of this thing has been a MESS.  It has been the most discouraging part of the process so far.  Please pray not only for justice and redemption regarding the van, but that it would be SWIFT!

Please continue to pray that Dan and I are able to keep checking off boxes steadily.  Some days I am overwhelmed by all the little things, and I have to keep focusing on the big picture...we have plenty of time to finish what we need to, and the Lord will continue to provide, right?  Right.  :)  I will write soon about all the spiritual and emotional prayer requests we have...there's plenty of those, too.  But until then, it's back to the to do list!

Thanks for lifting our little family up in prayer.  We are grateful you are going on this journey with us!

0 comments: