Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Why Don't You Blog Anymore?

Oh, so many answers to that question! I've been asked a lot recently, so I am forcing myself to take the time tonight. Here are the main two reasons:

1. As you can imagine, I just don't have the time.

Double the food prep, double the laundry, double the bath time, double the clean up time, and going to bed later just isn't an option for me or my health. I know you totally understand!

2. The second is a little more complicated. As you know, we can't share any details about the boys' case or status, as it is technically an "open case". And now that we've been doing this for a few months, I have found this part really difficult. You guys know me - I love to share! I love to be real. I love to be honest with people. So I have found it really hard on me emotionally to not share and be honest with this heartbreaking story we live with everyday. Guys, it's heartbreaking. And we can't share the entire story with anyone. And this breaks my heart a little bit more.

On top of that, there is a birth parent still in the picture with these kids, and that makes social media and public information just more risky. Better safe than sorry with this kind of stuff, right?

And to add insult to injury, I can't post pictures. This part has also been super difficult. I can't show you the joy of them doing something for the first time like petting goats at the fair. I can't show you the cuteness of all our kids hugging or playing together.  I can't show you how happy they are at preschool and church, and I can't post the sheer child-like happiness of a kid at his birthday party, ecstatic that the world revolved around him for a few hours. Again, my heart just breaks. 

So I just can't do it. I can't try to navigate around all the technicalities. I can't take the time to do this instead of other things that should take priority. And I know you will understand. And I will totally appreciate it if you ask me in person how it's going. :) And for those of you who don't see me in person, please keep praying for us. We need your prayers, we covet them, we feel them, and we are so, so thankful for them! So keep praying. Keep praying Jesus just oozes out of this whole thing with a big, fat dose of hope and redemption! And I will try to keep you as posted as I can. :) Thanks for your understanding.

Good night, friends!

0 comments: